English version of original minutes
Signed by Gandhiji –
First chairman of the Podar Trust.
A meeting of ‘Anandilal Vidya Prachar Sanstha’ was held at the place of Pujya Mahatma Gandhiji (Labournam Road, Bombay) on Miti-Shravan Krishna 15, Samvat 1978, that is on August 2, 1922.
The names of the trustees present:
Mahatma Gandhiji, Pandit Madan Mohanji Malaviya, Seth Anandilalji Podar, Seth Jamnalalji Bajaj.
1. It was decided that the institution be named ’Shekhawati Brahmacharya Ashram’ and the trust be named ‘Anandilal Vidya Prachar Sanstha’, (Anandilal Education Society)
2. It was decided that the capital of Rs. 2,01,000 (Two lac one thousand), given by Shriyut Anandilalji for the development of education in Shekhawati and neighbouring region, be withdrawn from Tilak Swaraj Fund and deposited with the Capital of ‘Anandilal Vidya Prachar Sanstha’ in the name of the aforementioned four trustees.
3. It was decided that the capital be deposited in the name of the four trustees in whichever bank Shriyut Anandilalji and Jamnalalji found it appropriate.
4. It was decided that money could be withdrawn from the bank through the signature of these two gentlemen: Jamnalalji Bajaj and Anandilalji Podar.
5. It was decided that Shriyut Maganlalji Gandhi at Ahmedabad be written to prepare a scheme for studies.
6. It was decided that a Head Master be kept at Rs.150 (Rs .One Hundred Fifty) per month.
7. It was decided that in the event of inconvenience in organising meeting, the functioning be carried out by obtaining suggestions from
the trustees by post.
8. It was decided that Mahatma Gandhiji would be the President of this institution.